AT LABS, WATER SAFETY HAS 8 ARMS.
As your friendly neighborhood cephalopod, I’m here to make sure your child is safe, whether they’re swimming in a pool, a lake, a stream, or my home the ocean blue. At our Water Safety Awareness Clinic, the Labs staff will help you and your little one with using lifejackets, rescue equipment, and basic water safety tips for a lifetime of safe swimming. You’ll learn things like:
The 8 Arms of Water Safety
- Sign up for swim lessons with credentialed instructors.
- Know your surroundings! Ask yourself: Where are the life rings? What are the weather conditions? Can I see the bottom? Is there a current?
- Never swim alone! Even my friends with gold medals shouldn’t swim alone.
- If you get caught in a rip current, don’t swim forward, swim sideways: swim parallel to the shore to escape it!
- Go in feet first.
- Don’t depend on flotation toys.
- If you think you’re in trouble, just stay calm and float on your back!
- Follow pool rules. They’re there to keep everyone safe.
Just a few more rules: Our monthly half-hour clinics run on Saturday afternoons at 1:15pm. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent. Pre-registration is required, and clinics are limited to the first 20 participants.
Choose from: June 17, July 15, Aug 12, Sept 9, Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9
Or next year’s schedule: Jan 13, Feb 10, March 10, April 14, May 12, June 9